Friday, 3 August 2012

Review: Chained to the Barbarian


Chained to the Barbarian
Chained to the Barbarian by Carol Townend

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I won this book through a first reads giveaway. The author even signed it :)

I liked this book, but it was a little "light" on the romance. I suppose this is to be expected of the publisher. This might not be
a problem for other readers, but I'm used to reading books with lots of extra steamy sex scenes.

Despite the lack of the sex scenes, this book was very interesting as it was well written and well researched. I learned a lot about the time period.

The characters were well developed and had chemistry. The only thing I didn't like was I didn't really feel like they fell "in love". As it was a shorter book the characters didn't really get a chance to go through much together. Usually this conflict makes the reader feel as though the characters are really falling in love even in a short amount of time. This book lacked that, which I felt detracted from the story.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment